Eight Missing Teeth But Still Cuts Good (briefly)

Eight Missing Teeth But Still Cuts Good (briefly)

Some days I come across a challenge that I never should try to overcome. Today is one of those days. On today's episode I"m out using up some of the last logs on the log deck to make battens for my equipment shed siding when things start to unravel. Dust piles are growing and battens are coming off the mill nicely when the dreaded "bang" sound occurs. That's right, my blade snaps. If you've been around portable sawmills like the Woodland Mills HM130 I've got here today, you'll ,now that these portable sawmill blades are not indestructible and can break with age. This blade is likely at least 2 years old and has been sharpened several times and so it comes as no surprise that it decided to give up while cutting some nice red pine today. The real challenge started as I began to find a replacement blade for this broken blade. With no sharp blades ready to go I found myself in a predicament which lead to this challenge. Can I use a blade that I hit a screw with that is missing eight teeth to continue sawing. That idea should have quickly been squashed as we all know that when a blade has hit an object and is now missing multiple teeth it should not be used. But as I though more about it, I started to wonder what would actually happen, would the blade still cut? This here was the beginning of a challenge that I should have never embarked on and one that you'll see unfold in today's episode. Regardless of the outcome, glad you're all here. Here we go!

Sawmill used in this video : 2017 Woodland Mills HM130
Blades used in this video: Lenox

Laser Details:

Laser- TZ16X70-520L 30mw: https://www.apinex.com/ret2/TZ16X70-520L.html
Mounting bracket BRH 16mm: https://www.apinex.com/ret2/brhan.html
Battery Pack PS-3: https://www.apinex.com/ret2/ps3an.html

blade snaps while sawing lumberwhy sawmill blades breaksawing logs with missing teeth

Post a Comment

0 Comments