The Lonesome Moon
In the silence of the night on the waves of the tranquil sea.
My heart aches for the voices I once heard.
The voice of my Father and Mother, their beautiful laughter and smiles.
The days of yesterday's and years creep up in my memory.
I find myself trying not to cry and I can't hardly breathe.
The Lonesome Moon looks down on me with its silly face.
As Tears flow down my face,I feel lost sometimes and out of place.
The sound the night birds kiss the air and ketch my attention as slip across the water.
Life can be joyous and sad at the same time.
As I set on the sand in my mind I can see that Lonesome Moon falling slowly across the sky just as though I was really there.
I can almost taste the salty air on my lips.
Now keep in mind I'm setting here in my office slash tiny art studio thinking about these memories.
So I write them down,and paint a picture of my feelings in this moment.
My heart feels sad and torn tonight, I miss my family and friends so much.
While The Lonesome Moon rises only in my mind and fronds its silly face as if it were puzzled and sad.
So I say to you Lonesome Moon, go be a light, go be another memory, go light the sky and the sea.
And I ask my creator to please heal my broken heart and ease my soul and calm my mind tonight.
Poem By Artist&Poet Polly W E
And Painting By Nov.8,2021
Artist&Poet Polly W E
0 Comments